tiistai 26. tammikuuta 2016

Corset ReVamp, pt. 1

Once upon a time, I had made a pretty ugly corset. There was nothing about I liked, other than the fact that it was made of leather. I don't like throwing anything away, not even failed projects, so I decided to revamp it. 
The original corset was made with upcycled leather. It had D-rings on it, and plastic boning. 
The lining was made with red cotton. Ugh. 
Also, the corset had a floating lining, so it was quite horrendous to wear. 
I started by tearing off the lining, leaving a little bit behind to support the eyelets. Which I will not be replacing. 
Undoing anything sewn with leather is risky. Every stitch leaves a little hole into the leather. This corset had plenty of top stitching, so I'm going to have to get pretty creative with it. 
 ... since I tore off all the embellishments, too. 
The leather looks like it's served as a pincushion. 
 And to make it worse, I undid the seams as well. The shape of the corset was a bit off, so this way I get to re-shape the pieces a bit. 
 My plan is to replace the lining, re-do bone channels (I might stick with the plastic boning, though, for this isn't meant to be a waist crincher), and add front closure. The corset also needs decorations. Plenty of it, due to the stitch marks. 
During the upcoming weeks, I'll be re-doing the corset. Stay tuned to see what becomes of it! 

Until next time. 
Love, 
Heather

4 kommenttia:

  1. I'm very curious about what you will do with this one :-)

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Me too, actually. I keep changin my mind about what I want to do with this, so... We'll see what happens!

      Poista
  2. I'm curious, too - I have tons of leather stuff I made ten years ago sitting in the basement, that I'm going to have to rip apart one of these days and remake into something else. There's just something sinful about throwing something away that's perfectly good, even if we can't stand the looks of it! :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. My masterplan is starting to get clearer. I found all kinds of things for this project while going through my stash. Now I'll need to clean up the stash, though, but that can wait...

      Upcycling has so many benefits listing them would take forever. I'm so happy I'm not alone on this boat!

      Poista

... and leave some of the happiness You bring